Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spotify Saturday

Okay, So I LOVE Spotify, It seriously is amazing... So much better than Pandora! I love that basically every song you can think of is on there (except Garth Brooks which is annoying). But I also love that I have discovered some AMAZING music on it too! When you click on an artist name to go to their list of music you can choose from, have you ever noticed that in the top right hand corner, it shows you similar artists? I love this feature,I have discovered some of my favorite new songs/artists this way! I love singer-song writer music, and there are some great artist who I've never heard that I have come across and can't stop listening to. So I decided it would be to blog about some of the songs/artists.

 The first one Im going to blog about is Ross Copperman, I found him when I was listening to Kate Voegele (who btw, if you have never heard of, you NEED to look up, she is absolutely amazing! awesome lyrics and an even more incredible voice) Anyways back to Ross, The first song I clicked on to listen by him was a song called "All She Wrote" .


I was hooked. He has a great voice and this song is well... Amazing... (Yes I know I use that word alot.) I wish i could find the inspiration behind this song, because I really love the lyrics, but I can't. I have my own theories, but I won't post them because I am sure they are way off!  Okay well I found a video of him explaining the song. so here it is, in his own words, the meaning behind All She Wrote.

http://youtu.be/IeVk5vR8PXo
So I couldn't get it to post from Youtube... So just click on the link and it should take you to it! (Sorry)


So when I discover a new artist, I like to Google them and find out a little bit about who they are. Here is what I found out about Ross Copperman:

He  was born Oct 1, 1982. He grew up in Roanoke, Virginia. He started to play the piano when he was only 3 years old. He didn't start writing songs until college. All She Wrote was his second single, his first was a song called "As I Choke". Both Songs were originally released first in the UK and All She Wrote made it into the UK top 40 back in 2007.

His music has been on tv shows such as ER, One Tree Hill (how Ive over looked him as seriously so weird to me since I love OTH and tend to look up most the music featured on the show), Ghost Whisperer, Vampire Diaries and more!

Be sure to check out more of Ross Copperman's music. All his other stuff is really great too (I could go on and on but I'll shut up now!) 

Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment