Sunday, January 1, 2012

My top 5 favorite new artists of 2011

Here are some of my favorite artists of the 2011! I expect we'll be hearing from all of the artists a lot in this new year!

5. Foster The People



Not my typical country post, I know (but they're indie which tends to be my second love!). I L-O-V-E this band!  They've been around for since 2009, I found them on Youtube this summer and have recently been hearing them all over the radio!  If you havn't heard it yet you need to check out their song "Pumped Up Kicks"

4. Lauren Alain

So not gonna lie, I pretty much didn't watch American Idol except for the auditions, I did see Laurens and thought she was amazing. None of my other favorites got very far so I protested by not watching! Anyways Lauren is great! I love her voice and style. she just seems like such a sweet person, I hope she makes it Salt Lake soon for a concert!
Check out her latest single "Georgia Peaches"

3. Edens Edge

-
I adore this band! They are all so musically talented and all so nice too! I met them when they came to Salt Lake on their radio tour.(Most my pictures and videos aren't accesable right now, but as soon as my computer is fixed I will get them up) Their southern country gospel style is kind of a refreshing change from all the faster paced stuff that is out there, not that I don't love that but somethimes change is nice!
Their current single "Amen" is one of my current favorite songs!

2. Josh Kelley

Okay. So Josh Kelley isn't exactly a new artist.... He's actually been one of my all time favorites for years now, but he is new to the country scene so I'm going to classify him as new. (It's my blog, I can do what I want) I was able to meet Josh while he was also doing his radio tour, He is hands down one of the nicest people, famous and not famous, that I have ever met. He is so down to earth and I think that is what makes him such a great artist. He is so easily relate-able. A lot of people know him as Katherine Heigl's husband. Others know him for his pop hit song "Amazing" from back in 2003. This past year Josh has gone country, which is where he should have been all long! His song "Georgia Clay" reached 17 on the US country charts. and "Gone like That" hit number 53
1. Hunter Hayes


I am sure anyone who knows me or has ever read my blog before is surprised  by my pick for number one! What can I say? I love Hunter Hayes. He is one talented guy! There is no one out there who can deny that.  He is someone I can never say enough good things about! He is already making it big. His songs have taken over the radio by storm (using the word storm was totally unintended its just what worked). His first single "Storm Warning" and his self titled album which was released in Oct have raced up the charts and have earned him a cult like following by fans who adore him. He also recorded a Duet with Victoria Justice for the new Footloose movie album soundtrack. Keep your eyes and ears on this one people. He is definitely going places!

No comments:

Post a Comment